Make Art Make History
For our assignment we will be designing our own 1-color representation of the concept of MAKE ART MAKE HISTORY. Each of you will be paired with 1 student from Highland Park high school. You will use email, handouts, and social media to correspond with that student as you are making your design. You will offer them suggestions and critiques and they will offer you the same. You will cutout and create a Silkscreen of your design, screenprint a shirt for yourself, and then during a combined field trip at OPRF (room 392) screenprint shirts for you and your partner. You will also receive a shirt of their design in exchange.
- Research how history and art relate in any way that interest's you .
- Learn about important people, events and symbols from the history era or event you did your research on.
- Sketch, draw, and illustrate your ideas inspired by those events.
- Translate MAKE ART MAKE HISTORY into relevant language if necessary.
- Integrate symbol, text and image into a unified, 1- color, t-shirt design
- Be assigned a partner from Highland Park HS
- Share design with HPHS partner, comment and critique—via email or social media
- Decide on shirt colors and sizes.
- Order shirts (order form)
- Print out design, transfer to MaskEase Material
- Cut out design with x-acto knife
- Complete and adhere MaskEase to screen
- Tape off and prepare screen
- Practice printing your own shirt to wear
- Attend MAKE MAKE HISTORY event
- Meet partners
- Eat lunch together
- Screenprint and exchange shirts